Ping pong is a real fun for all the people. It doesn’t really matter where are going to play it, on the beach on a beautiful summer afternoon or in your family’s. But if you want to get pleasure form this game you should complete one precondition – while purchasing, you should choose right ping pong table.
You should remember that there is a lot to consider–especially if you’ve never purchased one before. This is why we’ve listed a few helpful pieces of advice with descriptions. Remember, choosing out the best ping pong table can be a challenging task.
Here are the most important tips for purchasing a ping pong table:
- There are two main types of ping pong tables – fixed and portable ping pong table. To pick up your type of ping pong table you need to decide its main purpose. Fixed ping pong tables are with a permanent set up, portable ping pong tables are on the contrary, they can be moved and they can be easily packed and put back. For easy and frequent setup, you can go for a fold-up model with rollers for smooth movement. There is a special roller table tennis table that comes with brakes on the wheels. The main function of these wheels is to stop the table moving around when in use.
- What about the thickness of the ping pong table top? If you want to get a high quality ping pong table that will correspond to all the requirements it is necessary to buy a table with the standard thickness that should be 3/4″ or more. In the market you will also find different variations of table tops, thus you can find tables with 1/2″ or 5/8″ but with such types of table tops you can face certain difficulties, for example, much resistance for warping .
- Material of the ping pong table top plays an important role. There are regular particle boards and table tops made of resin material. It is worth mentioning that resin material which offers higher resistance to warpage as compared to the regular particle board.
- Right finish of the ping pong table top is one of the most essential conditions for success. It must be smooth, without any patches or rough spots. Examine carefully table surface from all sides and look for any bends or deformations which can affect the bounce of the ball. As a rule, standard ball should bounce about 23cm being dropped on it from a height of 30cm.
- Characteristics of the ping pong table frame: The durability of a stiga ping pong table considerably depends on the structure of the frame. A table that has many connecting points within the chassis gives better durability if it has thinner bracing and legs. First of all, check out whether the connecting points are placed in the right places or not. Higher quality connecting points placed in the optimum places are characterized by longer durability.
Ping Pong Table
Remember following these simple rules and you will get amazing and breathtaking game!